We are privileged and honored to offer the veterans funeral and cremation packages to the families of the brave men and women who served our country to protect our rights and freedoms as American citizens. God Bless the Veterans and their service to our country and God Bless America!
We offer a simple and most gracious “Thank You” to every first responder, essential worker and medical professional on the front lines of this healthcare crisis and are grateful for every helper supporting them. We acknowledge the risks you take every single day, just by showing up to do your job. Your duty to serve conflicts with your own safety, and that is a stress most will never understand. We thank you for every late night, every extra shift, every missed dinner at home. We thank you not only for the sacrifice you continue to make for us all, but the sacrifices your families and loved ones are making in kind.
John P. Brooks – President
The John P. Brooks Family of Funeral Homes
Veteran Funeral Benefits
For the men and women who served our country in the United States Military, the Veterans Administration offers to those who were discharged under any condition other than dishonorable, free of charge, at the nation’s national cemeteries:
- Burial plot – (casketed or cremated remains) (in ground or above ground burial available for cremated remains)
- Outer burial container – (casketed or cremated remains with burial in ground)
- Opening/closing of the grave
- Grave marker
- Burial flag
- Honors Ceremony (from veterans branch of military)
* The Veteran burial plot, outer burial container and opening/closing of the grave is also made available free of charge to the spouse and/or disabled children of the veteran.
** If the family of the veteran chooses to inter at a cemetery other than a national cemetery, a marker, burial flag and honors are still made available.
*** Honors Ceremony can be done at the funeral or burial when burial is not at a national cemetery.