We are privileged and honored to offer the veterans funeral and cremation packages to the families of the brave men and women who served our country to protect our rights and freedoms as American citizens. God Bless the Veterans and their service to our country and God Bless America!
We offer a simple and most gracious “Thank You” to every first responder, essential worker and medical professional on the front lines of this healthcare crisis and are grateful for every helper supporting them. We acknowledge the risks you take every single day, just by showing up to do your job. Your duty to serve conflicts with your own safety, and that is a stress most will never understand. We thank you for every late night, every extra shift, every missed dinner at home. We thank you not only for the sacrifice you continue to make for us all, but the sacrifices your families and loved ones are making in kind.
John P. Brooks – President
The John P. Brooks Family of Funeral Homes
A Message To All Veterans From
John P. Brooks
As President and CEO of the John P. Brooks Family Funeral Homes, my personal mission is to make certain every Veteran’s patriotic service to our country is honored whether burial includes a funeral service with full honors or a direct cremation with honors. That is why hundreds of Veterans and their families choose us every year to take care of these important arrangements.
The brave men and women who served our country both in wartime and peace, deserve our respect and admiration. Every individual who proudly wore the uniform of the U.S. Armed Forces did their part to make us the greatest nation on earth. The freedoms we cherish today are the result of the sacrifices they made when they answered their country’s call to serve. I count it an honor to serve each and every Veteran and their family who entrust our funeral homes with their services. I personally Thank You.
We have had the privilege of conducting services for a Secret Service Agent, a U.S. Astronaut, a Medal of Honor Winner, A Pilot of one of the planes involved in Hiroshima, the spouse of a Brigadier General, a “Flying Tiger” pilot and many other men and women who faithfully served their country. In addition to these services we honor all our Fallen Heroes with special commemorative ceremonies on Veterans Day and Memorial Day each year at our funeral homes.
Our excellent service is matched by our reasonable prices and unique Veterans line of beautiful 20 gauge steel caskets. If you prefer cremation we provide artisan crafted brass urns for each branch of service.
All of this is just an example of the extraordinary care we provide for Veterans and their Families.
We Provide or Arrange For:
- 20 gauge steel casket or cremation urn with U.S. Burial Flag
- Standard Memorial Register Book
- Full obituary with photo posted on our funeral home website
- Transmittal of DD-214 to V.A. National Scheduling Office To Arrange Burial
- Grave space or Cremation Niche at DFW National Cemetery
- Outer Burial Container at DFW National Cemetery
- Opening and closing of the grave or niche at DFW National Cemetery
- Grave marker or engraving of niche front at DFW National Cemetery
- Use of shelter for 20 minute service at DFW National Cemetery
- Military Honors (folding of United States Flag, presentation of flag and playing of taps)
- Assisting the family with V.A. burial benefits forms